PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

780x90

Hello! If you're new to Miss Lovie, I'd love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe by RSS feed or by email! Also be sure to follow on Facebook and Twitter for more Miss Lovie goodness!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School Red Carpet Fashion Show with Family Ever After

Today's Back to School post is by Rachel at Family Ever After. Rachel has a great blog full of fun DIY craft and decor ideas, sewing tutorials, kids ideas, and recipes. She's also got a really fun craft contest going on, Cre8+2=Me and You Contest! If you don't know about Rachel yet, go check her out and give her some love!!

Here's Rachel!
------------------------------------------------------------
Hi! I'm Rachel, and my blog is Family Ever After.
I am a country girl at heart... my 4 sisters and I grew up in South Dakota. I've know my husband since we were 12, he grew up there too! I went to college at BYU, where I majored in Family and Consumer Science Education. I taught middle school sewing for a year. I'm now living my dream being a mom to 3. I'm very passionate about letting my kids "help" me do projects. Basically, my blog is a big mish mash of things I love: sewing, crafting, food, family, travel, gardening, country music, sunflowers, clogging, and running, and taking pictures of it all!

My little girl just started first grade, and one of the things we did to prepare her was by having a Back to School Celebration. You can check out our detailed Celebration from last year. This year's was a little less organized, and spread over 3 nights, since we had just returned from a vacation the night before school started!
Check out the picture of the red felt. We actually "rolled out the red carpet" for a fashion show so she could model all her new school clothes for us. It was so cute!

This post is more about the idea than it is the tutorial. I came up with this idea one night while mentally planning out our Back to School Celebration, and I knew it would be such a fun detail. The red carpet was easier to make than I had planned! This is going to be such a fun tradition in our house for years and years!


Here's what I did: 

I purchased 2 yards of red felt. I found it at Wal-Mart, I can't remember the exact price, but I'm pretty sure it was under $10.

I cut it along the fold.

Then I placed the 2 short ends together, which makes the carpet twice as long. I sewed a simple seam right sides together, and that's it! If you don't sew, you could hot glue them together, or just leave it un-sewn and lay the carpet out like this.

Roll it up and save it for next year's fashion show!

What special things do you do to ring in the school year?

Feel free to stop by and join the family!
 blog...rss...facebook...pinterest...twitter
Thanks so much for having me, Allie!!!

xoxo, Rachel
See you there!
 blog...rss...facebook...pinterest...twitter

--------------------------------------------------------
What a fun idea. Making your kids feel extra special before school to boost their confidence is such a great idea! Thanks, Rachel, for joining in! If you are not familiar with Rachel's blog, go check it out! Here are some more of her projects that I love!

Check out more Back to School ideas here.
Come back tomorrow for another fun guest post! 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Oh, thanks for sharing some of my other projects, you are too sweet!!! Your blog is lovely, I am so glad to be here today!!! xoxo

Nat and Holly said...

I love this idea!!! So simple, but what a memorable tradition this would be for the kids :) Thanks for sharing Rachel. I have really loved this series Allie, thanks for letting us be a part of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

invisible ad